Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Cure For Worry

This one's for me.

Well, truthfully, every one of these articles apply to me just as much as anyone; it's just that this one is especially needed on my part.

Kelly and I are sitting at almost ten months since we placed our house in Tennessee on the market. We were surprised when we hit the three month mark and no offers had come in. Well, seven months after that three month mark, nothing has changed. There sits a great house with not a single offer to date.

Would I be lying if I told you Kelly and I have not worried about this situation very much? Yep. No doubt about it -- that would be a "whopper." We have talked and fretted about it ad nauseum.

Why do we worry, you and I? Is it not because situations and circumstances sometimes fail to go according to plans -- OUR plans? Sure enough. That really is what it comes down to -- that and the fear of what may be.

God's word tells us how to combat that ever so natural urge to worry in Philippians 4:6-7...
  • Unloading -- by prayer (v. 6a)
  • Committing -- by supplication (v. 6b)
  • Praising -- with thanksgiving (v. 6c)
  • Leaving -- the burden with God (v. 6d)
  • Getting -- God's peace in return (v. 7)

Now, to put that into practice!

r2